In a comfortable and supportive setting, I offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client's needs. The focus of counseling is to assist each person to achieve good overall mental, physical and spiritual wellness within the context of his/her stated goals.
There are many reasons why you may choose to come to counseling. It may be to deal with long-standing psychological issues, or address difficulty with anxiety or depression. Maybe you are responding to unexpected changes in your life such as a divorce or work transition. There may be conflict in a relationship, an experience of loss or trauma, a need for support and strategies to handle stress, or in managing general life decisions. Many seek the advice of a professional counselor in pursuit of personal exploration and growth. Working with me can help provide insight, support, and new strategies for all types of life challenges. Professional counseling is right for anyone who is interested in getting the most out of his/her life by taking responsibility, creating greater self-awareness, and working towards change.
Every counseling session is unique and caters to each individual and your specific goals. We will discuss the primary issues and concerns you bring to sessions and identify action steps to facilitate positive change. For you to get the most benefit from counseling, you must be an active participant, both during and between sessions. People seeking professional counseling have a willingness to take responsibility for their actions, work towards self-change and create greater awareness in their lives. Here are some things you can expect out of your counseling sessions:
- Compassion, respect and understanding
- Perspectives to illuminate persistent patterns and negative feelings
- Real strategies for enacting positive change
- Effective and proven techniques along with practical guidance
- The expectation that you are responsible for your decisions and choices
- The expectation that wellness can be achieved
- Connecting to the whole person through the mind/body and one's personally defined spiritual beling
Invest in Yourself